Suspension training bodyweight exercises originated from the Navy SEALs as a means to improve the body’s strength, balance, flexibility, and joint stability through compound exercise movements that require minimal space and equipment. The IFA Suspension Instructor Course will lead learners through the fundamentals of Total Resistance eXercise (TRX) equipment, technique, safety considerations as well as suspension program design – leading to a full qualification that will allow you to perform and lead safe and effective suspension workout classes.
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
• Understand the benefits of performing Suspension Exercises
• Execute proper techniques in different Suspension Exercises
• Set up different equipment used in Suspension Exercises
• Instruct clients how to perform Suspension exercises with correct form
Student Entry Requirements
Learners must have previously completed a Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification, either at IFA or equivalent, must possess an adequate level of English language skills and must demonstrate sufficient physical fitness to participate in the practical class components.
To become an IFA certified Suspension Instructor, the student must:
• Attend both course days (10 hours total)
• Complete an assessment workbook
• Pass the practical examination
On successful completion of this qualification, you will be able to lead group suspension sessions as part of your personal training or fitness instructor role. You may also gain employment as a:
• Suspension Instructor (health & fitness club / gym)