Professional Boxing is one of the most demanding and exciting forms of combat training. It requires strength, endurance, precision and technique. Our internationally-certified IFA Boxing Instructor Course provides a comprehensive introduction into the sport, taking through the history of boxing, theoretical elements of teaching and extensive practical components that will provide you with the basics to lead clients through proper pad work and experience the immense benefits of boxing.
Following successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
• Demonstrate different boxing techniques with proper form
• Be familiar with different boxing equipment
• Know the rules of boxing
• Instruct clients through proper coaching communication skills
• Know the instruction do’s and don’ts for a boxing session
• Be able to lead a group boxing fitness session
Who is this course for?
Learners must have previously completed a Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification, either at IFA or equivalent, must possess an adequate level of English language skills and must demonstrate sufficient physical fitness to participate in the practical class components.
To become an IFA certified Boxing Instructor, the student must:
• Attend both course days (16 hours total)
• Complete an assessment workbook
• Pass the practical examination
On successful completion of this qualification, you will be able to lead group boxing sessions as part of your personal training or fitness instructor role. You may also gain employment as a:
• Boxing Instructor (health & fitness club / gym)