Kickboxing – a self-defense combat sport that integrates karate, boxing and martial arts elements – is an effective exercise format for general fitness, endurance, cardiovascular capacity and strength, which can be incorporated in many types of exercise regimens. The IFA Kickboxing Instructor Course is designed to give you the fundamental knowledge and essential skills to become a successful group leader in kickboxing instruction. Learners will develop the required coaching skills and techniques to create and lead high-quality kickboxing classes – creating a high-intensity, fun, safe and effective workout environment.
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
• Understand the breakdown of each of the martial arts inspired moves and the proper technique required for safe and effective execution.
• Know how to devise training programs within a studio environment using moves and combinations inspired by mixed martial arts to create a high-energy aerobic workout.
• Be able to develop your class participants and progress their fitness, physical strength and endurance.
• Develop workouts that will encourage a positive response from their participants and employers.
• Learn how to look after clients’ well-being and make sure they are exercising their bodies correctly with a low risk of injury.
• Be well-versed in relevant teaching points and coaching cues in order to ensure participants are aligned correctly and performing each exercise appropriately.
Student Entry Requirements
Learners must have previously completed a Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification, either at IFA or equivalent, must possess an adequate level of English language skills and must demonstrate sufficient physical fitness to participate in the practical class components.
To become an IFA certified Kickboxing Instructor, the student must:
• Attend both course days (10 hours total)
• Complete an assessment workbook
• Pass the practical examination
On successful completion of this qualification, you will be able to lead group kickboxing sessions as part of your personal training or fitness instructor role. You may also gain employment as a:
• Kickboxing Instructor (health & fitness club / gym)