In recent decades, indoor cycling has gained international popularity as an additive, high-energy exercise that burns up to 800 calories per session. The IFA Indoor Cycling Instructor Course will develop your coaching skillset, covering the full fundamentals of technique, history, health & safety and program design for an effective indoor cycling session that targets endurance, strength, intervals and high intensity training. Upon successful completion of the course, you will emerge as a certified group indoor cycling instructor with the required knowledge to improve your clients’ fitness and health.
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
• Understand the benefits of group indoor cycling
• Understand health and safety considerations in relation to group indoor cycling
• Be able to design and teach safe and effective group indoor cycling sessions
• Know the principles and variables used within a group indoor cycling
• Monitor and motivate participants during group indoor cycling sessions
• Incorporate proper use of music during group indoor cycling sessions
Student Entry Requirements
Learners must have previously completed a Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification, either at IFA or equivalent, must possess an adequate level of English language skills and must demonstrate sufficient physical fitness to participate in the practical class components.
To become an IFA certified Indoor Cycling Instructor, the student must:
• Attend both course days (10 hours total)
• Complete an assessment workbook
• Pass the practical examination
On successful completion of this qualification, you will be able to lead group indoor cycling sessions as part of your personal training or fitness instructor role. You may also gain employment as a:
• Indoor Cycling Instructor (health & fitness club / gym)